Monday, June 18, 2012

Steadfastness

I was up late last night trying to determine what God really wanted us to pray about. The one thing that stood out in my mind the most is being Steadfast. "I" really didn't want to talk about steadfastness this week because I knew if I did, I would have to talk about my utter failure in this area but I was corrected in that rebellious attitude so we are moving forward in humility now.

I have been facing a very trying time. The enemy has tried consistently to throw obstacles in my path to get my focus off Jesus and on my circumstances and in many instances he has succeeded briefly. However, through this I am learning that if the enemy can keep us focused on the storm than we become less effective for the Kingdom. Our prayer life is more self focused instead of kingdom focused, our thoughts are constantly on our own problems and we tend to forget about the bigger purpose (or at least I have).

I have gotten caught up in hurt and anger. The enemy wants to destroy our families and cause constant chaos in our lives. He is using everything he can to take our focus away from Jesus and away from his Kingdom and to bring us to self pity and frustration. Last week as the blows got more frequent and more personal, I felt myself just teetering right at the edge of the Pit, knowing that it wouldn't take much more to knock me down. I have to check myself moment by moment, get my footing back and realize that I am an overcomer through the Blood of Jesus.

To stand steadfast means to stand without wavering, being fixed in place, to be stable, steady and calm, no matter what happens. Did you know that God's word says that Jotham in the Old Testament walked steadfastly before God and grew Powerful as a result? I want to be powerful and not pitiful as Joyce Meyer would say. So, this week I really want us to pray for a steadfast spirit in warfare, we need to pray this for ourselves and for our Pastor.

Read
James 1:2-4
2 chronicle 27:6 (NIV)

Prayer List
1. Divine Protection for Pastor and Family
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur to pray through the battle/strength when weary
4. Revival
5. Steadfastness

No comments:

Post a Comment