Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We're In A Battle


I just saw this and had to share it with you guys. I know I promised one email a week but I think God is ok with two this week. LOL

Read Acts 12:1-11
Peter was in a time of crisis, he was imprisoned in the midst of a huge persecution against the Church and the enemy had positioned soldiers to bind him and guard him. The scripture says that constant prayer was made by the church for Peter’s release.

(Acts 12:7)Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, “Arise quickly!” And his chains fell off his hands. 

I believe this was an answer to a nonstop prayer storm from the church. God is calling believers to pray prayers of protection over their leaders so that the entire church can prevail against the enemy’s attacks.

When thinking about the battle we are facing, God reminded me of this story I heard about my Cousin, Colonel Darrell Darnbush. I remember meeting one of his "Privates"(I guess that's what you call them) one time and when I asked him if he knew Darrell he was amazed that I would even ask him such a question. He said to me, did you know that your cousin, has bodyguards everywhere he goes? That every time he goes to Iraq, he has a group of soldiers that circle around him and their only objective is to keep him safe at all cost. WOW...are you seeing the same picture I'm seeing here? I believe that God wants us to do this very thing for our Pastor. We need to circle around him, be his spiritual body guards, covering him from the enemy fire at all costs.

I love that connection God made for me this morning and really just wanted to share it with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment