Monday, June 11, 2012

Revival

This week has been a very busy week for all of us and I almost sent an email that said we're just going to have to skip this week because I haven't devoted the time that I should have to seek God about what we should pray about this week but just as I began to do that God reminded me of my desire yesterday as I was listening to Pastor's sermon about the importance of getting them while we can. I suddenly remembered the overwhelming emotions that I felt during his sermon and how I just longed to see revival breakout this week at VBS. I could literally visualize God doing a mighty work in these kids’ lives this week and tears just came to my eyes.

I realize this is a huge subject and one I am definitely not even qualified to attempt to talk about so I'm just going to give us some principals to remember when praying for Revival. Before, I do that, I want to say thank you. I know that all of you are much more mature in the Lord than I am. Sending these emails every week is such a battle as the enemy is very consistent in reminding me of how stupid this is and that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, etc. So, Thank you for your support and allowing me to step out and obey what I feel like the Lord is asking me to do in this season of my life. Also if you have anything that you feel like God wants you to add please feel free to interject.

As I've said before, I believe we are in the last days and we need an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and that our Father in heaven wants to bring Revival to us but we must pray with urgency.

Principals
Let us pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:17)
Pray that God will revive us (Psalm 80:18-19)
Let our appeal be grounded solely upon HIS Mercy (Daniel 9:18-19)
Ask & Believe (Matthew 21:22)
Trust & Have Faith (Hebrews 11:6)

Heavenly Father, we give you praise for you are Holy. Lord I thank you for your Mercy. We ask for you to bring revival to our lives personally and to your body as a whole. Pour your Spirit out on these VBS kids & PCOG. Take off all spiritual blinders, open ears to hear your word and prepare hearts to receive you. Father, give us a heart to pray for lost souls. Father God, incline your ear and hear our cry! We ask these things believing that it is your will that none should perish but that all should come to repentance. We trust you to do all the work and we'll be careful to give you all the praise and all the Glory. Thank you for what you've done and what you're going to do. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 Thess. 5:17
Psalm 80:18-19
Daniel 9:18-19
Matthew 21:22
Hebrews 11:6
Prayer List
1. Divine Protection for Pastor and Family
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur to pray through the battle/strength when weary
4. Revival

No comments:

Post a Comment