Friday, September 14, 2012

Fire of God Fall

This week I feel very strongly that God wants us to line our prayers up with our leadership. This is so important to God that he has confirmed our prayer for this week to me through 3 different people, to make sure that I didn't miss it. I believe that God has aligned every week thus far for this very moment. Many times I have prayed for the Fire of God to fall upon me but it wasn't until just recently that I really learned what that actually meant. The fire of God is all consuming; it will burn up anything not of him and purify anything that is.

I want to show you a quick illustration of some key characteristics of how fire is used to refine gold. A refiner has to melt the gold to turn it into a liquid and purify it. This process is needed in order for the impurities in the metal to be revealed. Once the gold is in liquid form, the impurities will become a film on the surface of the gold that the refiner will than scoop out. During this process the refiner has to continually repeat these steps until he has removed all the impurities and can see nothing but his reflection in the liquid. Make sure you catch that last phrase; he keeps a fire under the gold until his reflection is all he can see.

In Hebrews 12:29 it says that God is a consuming fire. When we pray for the Fire of God to fall upon us, we are really asking God to completely consume us. To reveal and burn out anything in our life that doesn't bring glory to him, anything in our life that is not of him or from him (impurities). We are asking OUR refiner to refine us by revealing all the ugliness we have deep within us. It's a process, not an overnight fix but a process just as refining gold is a process. We're saying God, when you look at me I want you to see your son's reflection in my life, can you just pour that refining fire of yours down and burn everything out of me that would blind you from seeing Jesus in me. I know it may be painful and my flesh may want to hold onto all this ugly stuff but I desperately want more of you and less of me. God is looking for people who are willing to do whatever it takes to be in a closer walk with him. He's not looking for a mediocre Christian with one foot in the world and one foot in the church. He desires us to be holy, on fire for him, anchored in him and completely consumed and dependent in him.

My notes from Sunday's sermon say that without sacrifice there will be no fire and the key is Effectual Fervent Prayer. I want our scripture reading to be a review of the scriptures Pastor preached about on Sunday.

Read

Lev. 26:3-4
1 Kings 17:18
1 Kings 18:18
1 Kings 18:21
1 Kings 18:41-46
James 5:16-18
Hebrews 12:29

Heavenly Father, we come before you with repentant hearts, seeking to worship you and to be closer to you than ever before. Lord, we are asking for your Fire to fall upon us revealing every impurity in our life. Father burn out of us everything that is not of you or from you and purify by your fire everything that is so that your son may shine brightly through us. Let us not get caught up in the world by living mediocre, fearful lives but let us be a holy people desiring to please you. In Jesus name we pray Amen




Prayer List
1. Divine Protection
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur/strength when weary
4. Revival
5. Steadfastness
6. Surrender
7. Discernment
8. Worship in Spirit and Truth
9. Trust
10. Pray to be led by the Holy Spirit
11. Resist Discouragement
12. Offense
13. Unity
14. Fire of God to fall

No comments:

Post a Comment