Friday, September 14, 2012

Walk in Obedience to His Word

As I was praying this morning, I asked God to please give me a word for our prayer group. I don't want this to come from me, I want it to be consumed by you, Father. I want you, God to saturate us with your presence. God spoke to me and said, I have already given you a word but you doubted my word and have sat on it. Immediately, I thought I didn't think this was something you wanted us to pray about and he said to me...Amy, I led you to pray about this last night over and over and then I remembered praying for the disobedient children of God, the black sheep, those Children that have turned from their faith, those blinded by the enemy. I prayed for God to prepare his Bride for his return and to bring those rebellious blinded, disobedient children back to their faith. So bare with me as I share with you what God laid on my heart earlier this week. Please forgive me for not sharing this with you when he gave it to me.

Read
2 Thessalonians 1:3-9 is talking about God's final judgment and Glory when the Lord returns.
8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Look closely at verse 8 and it describes 2 groups of people that will be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord. The first are those who do not know God but the second group of people really grabbed my attention because it's referring to those people who do not OBEY the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. This in my opinion could very well be anyone of us, it could be the people sitting in the church pew Sunday after Sunday, living a life that does not line up with God's word, condoning things that are in total contradiction to his word and making choices based on how they "think" they should live or how they "feel" like living verses how the scripture tells us to live. God's word is infallible, it's unchangeable. Regardless of how the world has changed since the Scripture was written, God's word and his expectations of the body have not nor will they ever change.

Jesus was always about His Father's business. Jesus’ Gospel was “the gospel of the kingdom of God, Kingdom of heaven” and the message was specifically, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”

Read
Matthew 10:7, Luke 4:43, Matthew 4:17, 2 Thessalonians 1:3-9

When you believe in something an action will follow. For example, if you believe your car needs gas to run than you won't try to drive it without any gasoline or if you believe a chair is broken you won't try to sit in it. The same applies biblically, if we believe the word of God to be truth, if we believe that the bible is God's instruction manual to us on how we should and shouldn't live than we will take heed to the word and apply it to our lives daily, not just when it feels good. We will be obedient to his word if we believe it.

Biblical "faith" is an action manifested through obedience. Obedience is obeying the word of God regardless of whether or not we like what it says. God's people are to live by faith and walk by obedience to His word. Jesus gave an urgent message saying Repent and Believe, turn from your wicked ways because the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. To repent is to change your mind. Our minds must be changed and renewed daily by God's word. At hand means, "Just around the corner" or "so close you can almost touch it". In other words, WAKE UP, time is running out people. Repent, Believe (obey) what I'm telling you, the Kingdom of God is upon us.

God is saying to me that we should be looking for the Lord's return and living in obedience to His Word without exception. Let's pray to walk in obedience daily. Not just momentarily or when it feels good but always walk in obedience to his Word.

Maranatha! The Lord is coming.

Prayer List
1. Divine Protection
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur/strength when weary
4. Revival
5. Steadfastness
6. Surrender
7. Discernment
8. Worship in Spirit and Truth
9. Trust
10. Pray to be led by the Holy Spirit
11. Resist Discouragement
12. Offense
13. Unity
14. Fire of God to fall
15. Walk in Obedience to His Word

No comments:

Post a Comment