Monday, July 2, 2012

Discernment

This weekend has brought about a lot of decisions that my family will have to make in the very near future but in order to do that, we will need to spend alot of time in prayer discerning God's voice and asking God to reveal his will for our lives. I can see Satan attacking my family and moving in situations to pull me away from a very special connection that I believe God has given me. I can sense the enemies work all around me and it sickens me.

I know that Satan can pretend to be God speaking to us in an effort to get us off track, lead us astray or confuse us. We all know the verse, John 10:10 that says Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy. John 8:44 says that Satan is the father of lies. 2 Corinthians 11:14 says, For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Which to me this says that Satan is a liar, whose intentions are to steal, kill and destroy and he will disguise himself as something good in order to accomplish his purpose.  With that being said, I would like for us to cover our Pastor in prayer this week for discernment. Obviously, Satan uses any measure he can to mislead us and guide us down the wrong path.

Heavenly Father, I pray for discernment in exposing any schemes of the enemy against my pastor. Show me how to pray against all the powers of this dark world. Lord I pray that you give my pastor a discerning spirit, so that he can easily identify the attacks of the enemy in his life and his family’s life. God, protect me as I wage warfare on behalf of my pastor. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Proverbs 2:1-15
Eph 6:11-12

Prayer List

1. Divine Protection for Pastor and Family
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur to pray through the battle/strength when weary
4. Revival
5. Steadfastness
6. Surrender/Church about our Fathers business
7. Discernment

No comments:

Post a Comment