Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Being Led By The Holy Spirit

When we originally started this prayer group, I told you that I would send an email directing us on what to pray about every Monday. I wish to redact that entire statement at this time. I will send you an email as the Lord directs me to send you an email when he directs me to do so. Often times, when Monday comes around and I don't feel like I have clarity from the Lord on what to pray about that week, I begin to feel guilty that I haven't heard from God yet. I put all these time constraints on myself and God as I hurriedly try to get a word to you by that Monday deadline. As I began pleading and begging God this morning to just speak to me about something because it was already Tuesday you know, I was reminded that without being led by the Holy Spirit we are doing all this in vain. This is God's timing and not my timing. In saying that, these emails may come weekly and they may not. It will all just depend on when God chooses to speak.

God wants the Church to be led by him and if we want to see the Power of God manifested we must learn to walk accordingly. We need to lift our Shepherd up in prayer and pray that he continually allows the Holy Spirit to lead and guide him in every area of his life. Our Pastor was "Called" to preach so that we might accept, follow and strive to reflect Christ in our daily lives. Please understand what Paul was saying when he said he was separated from his mother's wound and called that he may preach (paraphrased) Gal 1:15-17. Our Pastor did not choose his calling, God chose our Pastor. I am so grateful to have a Pastor that was handpicked by God to lead us. I am thankful to have a Pastor that doesn't preach a message for the sake of pleasing our flesh. However, Satan wants to steer our Pastor in the opposite direction that God wants him to go or to use our Pastor to "water down" the scripture in an effort to blind us to the reality and truth about the ugliness of sin. We have to cover our Pastor in prayer to be continuously led by the Holy Spirit in every area of his life.

It's also important that we the congregation learn to be led by the Holy Spirit as well. How can we make sure we are being led by the Holy Spirit?

These are just a few practical ways that God brought to my attention:

1. Pray in the Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:14-15).

2. Strive to not quench the Spirit (1 Thess 5:19). Every time we willfully disobey or despise the word, or ignore the promptings of God we have in effect quenched the Spirit.

3. Set your mind to live by the Spirit (Romans 8:5-9)

4. Die to self (Gal 5:24-26)

Heavenly Father, forgive me for trying to do anything outside of your guidance and your timing. Holy Spirit lead my Pastor as he shepherds your flock. Father you have called him for such a time as this, you have called him to lead this body at Powell Church of God so God I ask that you order and direct every step he takes, guide him in every direction he should go, anoint every word that comes out of his mouth. Holy Spirit pour your wisdom into him so that you may speak to us through our Pastor. In Jesus Name Amen

1 Corinthians 14:14-15
1 Thess 5:19
Romans 8:5-9
Gal 5:24-26

Prayer List
1. Divine Protection for Pastor and Family
2. Holiness
3. Heart like Hur to pray through the battle/strength when weary
4. Revival
5. Steadfastness
6. Surrender/Church about our Fathers business
7. Discernment
8. Worship in Spirit and Truth
9. Trust
10. Pray to be led by the Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment